So, I wanted to rename a window in a WPF application - a prototype I’m working on.

First, I rename the code in the .cs code-behind file. Then, I change the Class attribute on the root element of the xaml file.

Cool, thinks I. A quick compile, no errors, everything looks good.

But, when the application is run … I got an error dialog saying “There is no source code available for the current location”:

WPF Error

Eh? I thought the technology was called WPF, not WTF!

The exception dialog that followed wasn’t much help either: “Cannot locate resource window1.xaml”:

WPF Error

But, thought I - I’ve already changed all the references to window1.xaml … haven’t I?

After some searching with Google and pulling of hair, I found the culprit - in my App.xaml file:

<Application 
    x:Class="PocDemoA.App"
     xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
     xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
     StartupUri="Window1.xaml">
    <Application.Resources>
 
    </Application.Resources>
</Application>

The StartupUri setting that needed to be updated to the new name of my form.

<Application 
    x:Class="PocDemoA.App"
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    StartupUri="Controller.xaml">
    <Application.Resources>
 
    </Application.Resources>
</Application>

One Problem solved, a thousand more to go.

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus